Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

WiFi Connectivity (AW-1520H)

Started by nmeder2, October 04, 2022, 12:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colauhu

Hello. I just received my device and have been fighting with it for 30 minutes trying to get it to connect to Wi-Fi and just wanted to state the one thing they left out of the manual if you are having trouble connecting...YOU HAVE TO HAVE YOUR LOCATION SERVICES TURNED ON! Once I turned that on, bingo...it took like 30 seconds to get it set up.

I leave my location services off because
A. I don't want apps to know where I am all the time - it's very invasive and unnecessary
B. It eats up the battery very quickly.

Hope this helps somebody.

Kkane

Are you using android or iOS?

Typically, location service permission is required in order to read the WIFI SSID from your phone, to automatically input your current WIFI name during the setup steps. If you disable the location permission, you need to manually input your WIFI name then. But the app should still work with location disabled. After you pair your controller to your app, you can turn off that permission.

glurpglorp

QuoteI took a short video showing how to reset the WIFI on AW-1520H. Please find the link below:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YqhlvtuJuF0UShJVlRiIa5TQZLXLxfd7/view?usp=share_link

Again, hold down both the SET key and Timer key (2nd key from the left) for 2 seconds then release. The WIFI indicator will be changed from solid ON/slow blinking to fast blinking.
I've tried that, but with no success. I always end up with a steady blue LED (connected to WiFi) or a slowly blinking blue LED, or no blue LED at all, but never a fast blink.

I'm currently showing no blue LED at all. At apparently random intervals after holding down buttons and/or pulling the power cord, I'll arrive back at a steady blue LED, indicating that the WiFi settings are not actually being reset, but they are still stored from my original setup attempt. I run pings against the box when I hold down the buttons and I see it drop the connection, but I never get the fast blink. I'm growing frustrated, as right now, I have an expensive paperweight that I can't connect to with my phone.

Can you give me more information about the internal WiFi module? Does it have a physical reset switch? I'll open the box up if that's what it takes.

Kkane

@glurpglorp It seems abnormal. Please contact Auber customer support directly for help.

Colauhu

QuoteAre you using android or iOS?

Typically, location service permission is required in order to read the WIFI SSID from your phone, to automatically input your current WIFI name during the setup steps. If you disable the location permission, you need to manually input your WIFI name then. But the app should still work with location disabled. After you pair your controller to your app, you can turn off that permission.

I am using Android...I just wanted to include that tidbit about the location services because it's not included in the setup instructions and kind of threw me. Even with location services turned on however, my wifi properties didn't auto populate in the app - I had to enter it manually which is no big deal. It was all good in the end, I just forgot that you need location services turned on in situations like this because I never have mine on unless it's intentional. Once it was set up then yes, you can turn the location services off and it works beautifully. Now to get that 20lb pork butt in the smoker and try this baby out!

Kkane

glurpglorp

Quote@glurpglorp It seems abnormal. Please contact Auber customer support directly for help.
They shipped a replacement unit which arrived today. It appears to be working perfectly. I was able to add, delete, and add the controller to the app several times.

Thanks for your assistance!