Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Temperature Issue

Started by brewerleece, March 28, 2024, 11:44:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewerleece

Hello,

Thank you for your products.  I have been using your controller on my Sylvia since 2009.

I have a question, but first - some history:

The first PID controller I had lasted 10 years.  In 2019 I had to replace it as it would no longer function (a good run!).  The second controller has served me well since 2019 (~ 5 yrs).  Recently I noticed that my shots were not as hot, and the steady state temp seemed to fluctuate.  I assumed that the RTD sensor was bad, so I purchased a new one, which I installed.  I noticed the same issue.  I "calibrated" the RTD - It was of by -40 degrees F @ around 190 degrees F.  I now think the original RTD may still be good.

The shots seem better, but the steady state temp stille fluctuates by as much a 7 degrees F within as little as 10 seconds after reaching what should be steady state.  I have adjusted the following parms:

sym     Name                    setting
Psb     Input Offset            -40
P       Proportional Constant   2.5
I       IntegralTime            75
Souf    Damping Constant        0.3

I am still seeing this temperature fluctuation - and think that the warmer the controller gets (the longer the machine is on), the less reliable the Psb setting.

Question:
I am wondering if there may be a defective discrete componnent like a cracked capacitor or resistor - or something (in the temp circuit) that I can replace in order to affect a repair?  If so, please advise.

Thank you

daasol95

Hi,

First of all, I am sorry to hear that.

Can you remove the sensor from the controller and check the resistance of the RTD sensor?

Then, under code 0089, can you check what value you are using for Inty?

Let me know how it goes and I can help you from there.

Best,
Daasol

brewerleece

After re-reading my post, the following:

Quotethe steady state temp stille fluctuates by as much a 7 degrees F within as little as 10 seconds after reaching what should be steady state

should read:

"10 minutes after reaching what should be steady state, temp still fluctuates by as much a 7 degrees F - within a span of <= 10-15 seconds"

Inty = P100
The old RTD measures 110 Ohms @ 23 C.

It appears that both RTD's behave similarly when installed.

I will check the resistance of the new RTD and get back to you.

brewerleece

Daasol,

Thank you very much for your assistance.

For the new RTD I get:

125 Ohms @ 66.7 deg F

Thanks

daasol95

Hi,

From the RTD100 resistance table, your old sensor looks good but the new sensor resistance does not look accurate at 66.7 deg F(=19.3 deg C).

I think you should contact Auber Instruments directly for the support.

Best,