Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Brewing questions with the 240v electric controller

Started by Random1111, July 03, 2023, 10:45:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random1111

I have been brewing on propane until getting the Cube 5s built.

I have a 20 gallon kettle with a 5500 watt heating element. I also have a pump that I recirculate the wort while brewing. I have done 2 batches so far but I have only been doing 5 gallon batches while I test out the system to try to get it dialed in.

I'm finding I'm getting excessive boil off while brewing. I have had the boil power set to 60%. I'm thinking about dropping it to 50% for the next batch, will that help with the boil off or is this because I should really be doing a full 10 gallon batch?

If the heating element is just too large for doing a 5 gallon batch could I hook up a smaller heating element to the 240v system?

I am also wondering, when I set the boil % does it do full power till the temp gets to boil before dropping to the set %?

Sharron

Thanks for posting your question here. Yes, you can lower the power percentage to 50% or lower to see how it goes.

Also, lowering the bAST, the boiling acceleration set temperature, will also help. The default value is 200F, which means the output percentage is always 100% when the temperature is below the bAST, i.e., 200F in this case. You can lower it to 195F or 190F to see how it goes.