Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

SYL-2381-mA issues

Started by Bricklayer, December 28, 2023, 11:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bricklayer

I'm having trouble with my PID controller model
SYL-2381-ma

I have it wired up as in figure 12c in the manual.
500 ohms resistor
And settings as per the
Parameter settings in figure 12c on page 7.

My valve is supposed to stay closed untill the temperature (PV) is equal to the set temperature (SV)Then start opening more as the temperature increases. Then close as the temperature decreases.
But when I power up the PID it just starts opening and closing randomly.  I have the HY set to 0.0 because I want the valve to open at the exact set point and be closed at the set point.
Is there a setting I'm missing. ? I've checked the wiring many times and don't think I have any problems there.

Kkane

Please try this controller in the real world (with your load). This controller is not a traditional PID and it has AI function inside. Unfortunately, its AI function cannot be turned off. If you test this controller by itself without any load, the output may not be the same as you expected.

If the control result is not good enough in the real world, please try auto-tune at your preferred set temp. If you still have concerns, please contact Auber customer support.

Bricklayer

There shouldn't be any reason that I can not set the PID to act as I would like without auto tune.
Right now it has no idea what it's supposed to do other then be in cooling mode with a set temp (SV)

This setup is acting basically within a small temperature difference when it's  on. I need the valve to open to 100% when SV is hit then for every 0.1 degree the temp drops I need it to close untill it's 0.1 below the set point.

Is this possible ?

Kkane

Unfortunately, it sounds impossible to me for this controller.

It looks like you need a traditional PID with linear output without AI or fuzzy logic, then you only need to set the proportional band. Or if you have coding background, you may also consider Raspberry pi or Arduino. SYL-2381 controller can only control or regulate at your set temp. If the control result is not good enough for you in the real world, please contact Auber support for exchange/return.

Bricklayer

So I don't think the 1 degree above really makes a difference.
The big thing I need this PID to do is start opening the valve at the SV which would be 219 F usually. But can change daily.
If it's set at 219 the valve needs to start opening at 219. I understand that I'm cooling mode. The PID is going to try to modulate the valve to keep the temperature exactly 219 degrees.
This is fine for me.
I just need to be able to set the parameters to test it.
Autotune Dosnt really help in this situation. Because there are so many variables with the heat source that's controlling the temperature. It wood fired. So the temp spikes up and down quite a bit. So if there was just basic settings that I could input to get it to just keep the valve opening at SV and modulating the temp amd closing once it reaches the SV I would be happy.

Kkane

It could be easier for the control if you can use ON/OFF mode in the controller. But if that is the case, using a expensive linear valve may not benefit you. Instead, a simple ON/OFF valve can also work.