Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Burning contractors

Started by N.carson, December 04, 2023, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N.carson

Hello. I have a 8ft x 8ftx 6ft oven. I run 8 elements total and I have 1 PCO302 and a PCO303 for controllers. The 302 box runs 2 2500w and 2 3000w elements ran in series and the 303 box runs 4 3000w elements. The 302 box will only run 4 elements for so long before it blows the breaker. And my 303 box is not melting the element contactors like crazy. I don't kno what I should do to resolve these issues. Can anyone help?

Kkane

First of all, it is not recommended to use multiple control panels for one large oven, unless you have a way to divide/separate the oven into two individual and separate zones. The reason is, the control from the 2nd control system will affect the control from the 1st control system, which may cause some problems for the control performance and PID tuning. 

Your question "contactors like crazy" is not clear to me. If your contactor got burned, it may be due to the overload, or loose connection between the wires and the contactor. You may need to use a multimeter to check your element one by one and see if there is a short or bad connection there. You may also need to use a screwdriver to make sure all the screws on the contactors are securely fastened.

If you ordered the assembled panels from Auber, you may also contact Auber customer support for help. For the DIY kits, if you didn't get the wires from Auber, please make sure your wires to the contactor are thicker enough.

N.carson

I checked all the wires and connections. All are good. Elements tested good. This last time I blew 2 connecter within 2 days. They were assembled from auber

Kkane