Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Total run-time keeps resetting

Started by Hicksta, August 06, 2023, 09:33:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicksta

What would cause the total run time to continually start over with the Auber wifi app?
This causes the session graph to start over.
I did an overnight burn and when I woke the app up before going to bed, it went from a 4.5 hour run time to 20 minutes.
After waking up this morning it only showed 28 minutes of run time after opening the app again.
It didn't do this last time I used it but I did change my PID Mode from auto temp to auto time. Otherwise everything else is the same.

Sharron

If the run time appears to have started over, that means the controller had rebooted. I speculate this is related to the signal strength or quality of the 2.4GHz wifi. It may be due to the distance, the EMI in the environment, and even the router itself. If the controller has to constantly attempt to reconnect to the wifi network, it is more likely to reboot.

jdranchman

IMHO you should have your firmware engineers rethink that process. Reconnecting to the network shouldn't require a full reboot of the controller in any situation. Interference is a thing to be dealt with reasonably. Don't treat it like a windows desktop you just reboot to solve any problem. I'm speaking this way as this is what I've done most of my career. If I simply rebooted to solve wired/wireless firewalls/vpn/tape library/disks/printers/typesetters/whatever I'd have been fired a long time ago.