Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Android App Crash (AuberSmart)

Started by bmlong137, April 27, 2017, 07:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmlong137

I have the 2615 controller the app on my phone will not connect to it.  I then tried it on my wife's phone and it works great.

My phone: LG G4
Wife's phone: Motorola Turbo 2

The app starts on mine.  I then go to add a device.  I put in the Wi-Fi password and tap continue.  That is when the app immediately crashes.  No amount of restarts/uninstalls help.

Anyone with a similar experience?  Can I get support?

Kkane

Sorry to hear that. May I know the android version for your G4 and your wife's Turbo 2? Did you use any display optimized mode or app optimized mode on your G4?

Sharron

Can you adjust the display resolution on LG G4? On some android phones if the display resolution is set high, for example 2560×1440, the app will crash at the page you suppose to enter the wifi password. Please try change the display resolution to a lower setting.

Please let us know if it helps or not.

bmlong137

Quote from: "Kkane"Sorry to hear that. May I know the android version for your G4 and your wife's Turbo 2? Did you use any display optimized mode or app optimized mode on your G4?

I will get my wife's when she gets home.  The LG G4 is model VS986 Android v6.0 security patch level 2017-03-01.  Linux kernel 3.10.84-ga49aa19.

I tried my old phone (Samsung S4) and it works...mostly.  I am able to connect and monitor the pit.  However, the low/high temp alerts will not enable on the phone.  That has Android v5.0.1.

I feel like I posted this in the wrong forum.  Do you have a software-only forum or one more appropriate to this?

bmlong137

Quote from: "Sharron"Can you adjust the display resolution on LG G4? On some android phones if the display resolution is set high, for example 2560×1440, the app will crash at the page you suppose to enter the wifi password. Please try change the display resolution to a lower setting.

Please let us know if it helps or not.

That would be an interesting bug.  The "please wait" overlay that I see on the working devices never even shows up, like it is failing to create that view/object/whatever.  The G4 default resolution is 1440x2560.  It is not rooted, as I hadn't found the need, so I cannot change the resolution to test your theory.

Kkane

Quote from: "bmlong137"
Quote from: "Kkane"Sorry to hear that. May I know the android version for your G4 and your wife's Turbo 2? Did you use any display optimized mode or app optimized mode on your G4?

I will get my wife's when she gets home.  The LG G4 is model VS986 Android v6.0 security patch level 2017-03-01.  Linux kernel 3.10.84-ga49aa19.

I tried my old phone (Samsung S4) and it works...mostly.  I am able to connect and monitor the pit.  However, the low/high temp alerts will not enable on the phone.  That has Android v5.0.1.

I feel like I posted this in the wrong forum.  Do you have a software-only forum or one more appropriate to this?

Sure, you can post your question here.

Right now Aubersmart App doesn't provide in-app alert/notification. The alarm settings on the app are for the built-in buzzer function inside of the controller. For example, when the pit temperature is too high, the controller's built-in buzzer will be ON. Auber team is working on the smart phone notification now.

bmlong137

Ok.  There is a button for the notification with a line through it like it is disabled.  When I tap it, it says "success" and never changes the state.  I guess this is just a partially exposed version of what will eventually be completed. :-)  And that will be much needed to alert me while I am not near the smoker (sleeping).

So the only issue I am having is with the G4.  I suspect some security thing is in place that is causing an exception.  However, without logs, it is a guess.

bmlong137

Problem resolved through support channels.  Android 6.x requires coarse and fine location permission for any app that performs a WiFi scan.  This did not appear to be the case in Android 5.x or 7.x.  It is resolved in AuberSmart v2.0.10.  Release time unknown.

Sharron

Thanks for updating the information to this thread. The new app v2.0.10 has been published to Google Play Store.