Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

AuberWifi bugs (AuberWifi)

Started by ascl, March 04, 2023, 06:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ascl

A few little bugs I've noticed so far in the app (iOS app version 1.5.8 build 1134):
  • If the device (SY-3615) is turned off, the app still reports temps and fan speed
  • Under System Config, "Brightness" is spelled "Brihtness"
  • Sensor Offset doesn't work with negative values. If I enter -2, it is accepted (passes validation), but doesn't "stick", just gets reset to 0. Positive works as expected.

As a comment, the method to add the device to multiple apps is clunky, why not allow scanning the local subnet or entering an IP address for subsequent apps?

Sharron

Thanks for the feedback! We fix the bugs and update the app in a few days. We will look into what you suggested on adding the same device to another phone/tablet.   

ascl

I found one more - the default PID values do not change when swapping from C/F. Given 'P' is temperature based, it probably should!

Kkane

P value will not be changed if you switch the display between C and F. The parameter only changes the display temperature value. The temperature used inside of the PID calculation is unchanged.

ascl

QuoteP value will not be changed if you switch the display between C and F. The parameter only changes the display temperature value. The temperature used inside of the PID calculation is unchanged.
The documentation is honestly a bit sparse around this, but if I look at the SY-2615 manual, it says this:
Quote. Please note the value of the P is temperature unit sensitive. If
you found an optimized P value when operating the controller in Fahrenheit,
you need to divide the P by 1.8 when changing the temperature unit to
Celsius.

(https://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/SYL-2615%20manual.pdf)

It is, of course, possible this has changed in the SY-3615, but the performance of the default values is significantly better if I "convert" the P to match the unit (ie C), so it seems accurate, hence my suggestion.

Can you please confirm that the behaviour in the SY-3615 is different (or perhaps the SY-2615 manual is wrong... or I'm interpreting it wrong?). It should help the next person if nothing else!

Thanks