Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Audible Alarm (AuberWIFI)

Started by nmeder2, October 09, 2022, 11:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmeder2

Need some help with the Auber app temp alarm for my phone please. There is an inactive thread on this subject from 2020, so this is a refresh of that topic. When my "alarm" is triggered all I get is a system notification sound one time, like the sound when I receive a text or email. There is no repetitive alarm sound that I have to respond to to make it stop, which is what I want/need. Is there some setting on the app or phone I need to change to enable a real alarm? Phone- Samsung S10e.Android app- 2.3.2 (build 2136). Thanks.

Kkane

I don't understand your question. When the alarm is triggered, the built-in buzzer inside of the controller will be ON. You will also hear the alarm alert from the app or from your phone (if your phone is not in silent mode). If you mute the alarm via the app or via the keypad on the front controller, both alarms will be muted. The both alarm The alarm inside of the controller will be continuously ON, until you manually mute the buzzer via the front physical keypad, or when your temperature is below your alarm set temperature (so the alarm is inactive). The physical buzzer inside of the controller should be regarded as a "real alarm".

If you cannot turn on the physical buzzer inside of your controller, please check parameter BUZZ in your controller's system config menu. This parameter can be used to disable the physical buzzer. If still no help, there could be something wrong with your controller. Please contact Auber customer support.

The following old thread is for a bug in our legacy app Aubersmart, which is resolved already. It is not applicable for your controller nor AuberWIFI app.

https://www.auberforums.com/index.php?topic=1547.0

nmeder2

Kkane- Thanks for your info. I would love to find a setting that resolves my alarm issue, but so far I have not found the solution. When I drive the temp past the alarm threshold the device alarm works and the red light blinks. My phone app however does not activate an alarm. All I get is a one time notification announced by a single beep tone, like I get when I receive a text or email. One beep, that's all. I do not believe that this is the fault of the device because it activates and issues a high temp alarm. The red light on the device illuminates and the device beeps at about a 1 HZ rate until reset or silenced.The android app on mt Samsung S10e does not.

So, is it still a possibility that my device is defective. If this problem can be caused by the device than I will follow up with customer support.

If it's not the device than it must be the app or the phone. I have other alarm enabled apps on this phone and they work fine, so I tend to discount the phone as the problem. That leaves the app.

One thing I've noticed about the app that I find confusing. My app shows an alarm icon at the top of the app's home page- just to the right of the device name. The alarm app has a permanent backward slash line through it. In all other apps that would mean the alarm has been muted, and when the mute command is removed the alarm icon would remove the back slash line. That doesn't happen with my Auber app. I've tried everything I can think of to remove the slash but I can't make it go away. Therefore I assume it can't be changed by the user. Is this correct?

Kkane

1. I just tested one AW-1520H on my end with the latest Auberwifi downloaded from Google play (v2.3.2). I did reproduce your mentioned issue. Yes, when the alarm is triggered, you can only hear one Beep from your phone, not continuously beep. I just revised my previous post. I will forward your suggestion to Auber team.

2. There is no animation or icon change for the alarm symbol. For how that alarm mute buzzer works, see section 7, 11) for details.

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=66

Sharron

When the app receives an alarm, it plays the "default notification sound", which you can change in your phone's "Sound & vibration" settings. The sounds provided by your phone are probably all short. However, you can download a longer mp3 audio file to your phone and use that as the default notification sound.