Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Autotune ws-1510elpm for Masterbuilt 30 in. Analog

Started by Newby, October 01, 2022, 03:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

I'm uncertain about what program steps should be set to do the autotune.  I saw, on the Smokin-it website an Auber "Autotune" Instructions sheet for Smokin-it smokers that had:

C01 140  t01 .5
C02 225  t02 2
C03 140  t03 1
C04   0   t04 0
C05   0   t05 0
C06   0   t06 0

Would these be the appropriate settings for the autotune for the Masterbuilt 30" analog smoker?

Also, the manual for my smoker says to do the autotune with water in the water pan, which is fine.  I've also seen conflicting opinions on the Smokin-it forums and elsewhere on whether there should be some kind of "load" in the smoker for the autotune - with a couple of the suggested loads being a couple of brick or a foil pan of sand.  Others say no load is necessary.  So I thought I would post here to get it straight from the horse's mouth, so to speak.  What say ye on the issue of using a load during autotune?

I'm a complete newby, so any information you can give me is much appreciated.

Kkane

Auto-tune is a tuning process based on your oven and your set temperature. If you typically want to smoke at 225 for example, it is recommended to tune at 225F. It is not needed to input the example program as you mentioned. If you want to tune at 225F, you can use the following program:

C01 225, t01 = 10

For the rest steps, you don't need to use or change them. Here are the steps:

1. Change C01 & T01 according to your needs.

2. Power off the controller, then power it back on.

3. Hold SET key for about 3s, then enter code 166. Press SET key again. You will see P on the display. Press SET key 3 times and you will see AT. Change its value to 1 then press SET key two times and you will exit the settings (based on 1510ELPM). Auto-tune will be started then.

4. Please don't use your smoker during the auto-tune. Once the auto-tune is done, you can use your controller then.

During the auto-tune, if you can find some damped bricks nearby, you can put some into your smoker. It is optional.

When you use your smoker with Auber controller, please turn the heat level dial on your smoker to the highest/max heat level.