Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

AuberWiFi App Connection Issues (AuberWiFi)

Started by Widner, June 29, 2022, 06:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widner

Trying to get the Auber WiFi app to connect without success on my current Android phone.

After failing repeatedly on my current phone I decided to try my ancient Galaxy S4.  That works with no problem.  Only problem is I haven't used that phone in years and I'd like to figure out how to get the app working properly on my current phone.

When starting the Auber WiFi app it first asks me to enter the credentials for my WiFi network.  I do that.

It then notifies me it is going to switch to the network settings area so I can change my WiFi network to the Auberblahblah wifi.  On my old phone that works as it should.  On the new phone it can't do it.  It just puts the Auber WiFi app in the background and returns to the Android home screen.

I can then change my network settings myself to the Auber wifi, but when I'm done I have to manually switch back to the Auber WiFi app. When doing that it takes me back to the beginning, as if I just opened the app.  It asks me for my wifi network name and password again.  I can do that again, but it's stuck in that loop.

I have given the Auber WiFi app full permissions for the phone.  The issue seems to be that when it attempts to bring me to that Network Settings page it can't do it and just puts the app in the background and then loses track of us being halfway through the process.

Not to repeat myself, but I see how it's supposed to work and it does work with my 8 year old phone that is otherwise long since retired.

I had hoped once I got it set up on my home WiFi network using my old phone the Auber app on my new phone might be able to find it on my network.  No such luck.

The phone I'm trying to use it with is an LG ThinQ G8, Android 11, kernel 4.14.190.  No software updates available, last updated 1/5/22.

Anyone have similar experiences or a possible solution?

Kkane

Here is a trick for the Android setup.

After you manually switch your WIFI connection to the Auberblahblah wifi, please wait about 5s there. It will show a pop-up saying no internet access. Then please choose "Stay Connected". Then manually switch back to the App and continue. If you don't press that button, the Wifi setup will fail. For details, see step 6), section 4 of the following link:

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=66

Please try and see how it works.