Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Creating, saving, and naming profiles (SYL-3615)

Started by FormerFarmer, June 08, 2022, 02:21:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FormerFarmer

Just got this controller for a Kamado, but the documentation on that product page does not show me how to name various cooking profiles.  I'd like to set up a routine for a specific cook, and not have to re-enter the data.  To make it easier, I'd like to save that program with a name, like "8 lb roast".  Then be able to select that profile, and start it. 

Is there a way to do some or all of that, and if I've missed it in the documentation, can you tell me where it is, so I can highlight it?

Thanks for the help.

Kkane

Unfortunately, currently you cannot change or customize the recipe names in SYL-3615.

Correction: SYL-3615 does not have the recipe functions like Auber's electric smoker controllers. SYL-3615 stored multiple pre-defined PID settings for different types of grillers to achieve the best performance, such as Big Green Eggs, Weber Smokey Mountain, etc. Users can recall the pre-defined PID settings via the recall function. Those pre-defined PID settings only include the control parameters such as P, I and D. At this time, you cannot store your cooking programs or recipes (set temp, cooking time, etc) into the controller.

FormerFarmer

QuoteUnfortunately, currently you cannot change or customize the recipe names in SYL-3615.
Thanks.  Is there a way to select one of the 6 available profiles to use?  I could not find that in the information.  Just having difficulty understanding what I can do with the profiles - how to use the abilities of the controller.

Thanks again

Kkane

Sorry, my last reply is incorrect and I just updated it. Please check.

FormerFarmer

QuoteSorry, my last reply is incorrect and I just updated it. Please check.

Thanks - that does help.  You may want to clarify that in the info page on the website, and in the user manual.