Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Any new PID controllers in development?

Started by Kens kiln, January 16, 2022, 12:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kens kiln

I'm the current owner of a SYL-4352 PID controller for a pottery kiln and looking to upgrade to a USB controller for faster data input and graphing. Are there any new models in development as of January 2022?

Which has better programming software the SYL-5352 or the Novus N1050. Is one superior to the other in value?

Kkane

SYL-5352PA is a ramp soak PID controller with USB software. The way to operate it is very similar as SYL-4352, but you still need some times to learn how to use it. Its provided Windows software is easy to use as well.

N1050 is a different PID controller. It is more powerful than SYL-5352PA but it is not "new user friendly". You need to spend more times to learn its manual. It not only has optional ramp soak features, but also separate timer (like SWA-2451B).

Both models above are 1/16 DIN size, which is much smaller than SYL-4352.

Apples

Ken, I have been using the 5352 for about a year and have had success with it. There are some gliches in the software but overall it works well. If I can share any of my experiences let me know. Right now i record the data every 10 minutes and export it to a spreadsheet periodically to calculate actual ramp rate compared to programmed rate. I am able to make adjustments to firing schedule in the program and have figured out how to load several firing schedules like bisque and glaze into the unit at the same time.

Kkane

Quote from: Apples on April 06, 2022, 05:36:38 AM
Ken, I have been using the 5352 for about a year and have had success with it. There are some gliches in the software but overall it works well. If I can share any of my experiences let me know. Right now i record the data every 10 minutes and export it to a spreadsheet periodically to calculate actual ramp rate compared to programmed rate. I am able to make adjustments to firing schedule in the program and have figured out how to load several firing schedules like bisque and glaze into the unit at the same time.

Hi Apples, thanks for sharing your experience with 5352 PID here. For your mentioned software glitches, please send an email to Auber support team directly: info@auberins.com

Kkane