Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

ranclio silvia blank screen

Started by rontraughber, July 01, 2021, 05:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rontraughber

Prior to having a blank screen it would go up to temperature and display eeee. Now  the screen is blank,now its failing solid. Were do I start trouble shooting?  thanks for help  Ron
w

Kkane

Unfortunately, your controller could be bad.

You can use a multimeter to confirm the input voltage on your controller on pin 1 & 2. If you get stable 110V AC or 220V AC but still no display on the front, your controller is bad. Please contact Auber support for parts.

jgieske

I have a similar issue:  I run the system on a timer.  The Silvia is turned on at 6 AM.  Recently, the PID shows "EEEEE", but when I turn it all off for 10 minutes and back on, it functions normally thereafter until the next cycle.  Thoughts?

Kkane

Quote from: jgieske on September 17, 2021, 08:19:28 AM
I have a similar issue:  I run the system on a timer.  The Silvia is turned on at 6 AM.  Recently, the PID shows "EEEEE", but when I turn it all off for 10 minutes and back on, it functions normally thereafter until the next cycle.  Thoughts?

Your issue is not exactly the same as RONTRAUGHBER's, but your controller might be bad as well, Unfornatley.

EEEE typically is the sensor error. If the temperature sensor is bad, sensor connection is bad or the controller is bad, your controller will show this error. For your case, since the temperature will show up normally after a while, your sensor could be still good. If you can find a multimeter nearby, you can use it to check the resistance on your temperature sensor (two transparent wires). You need to disconnect your sensor to this controller at first, then measure the resistance between two sensor wires. If you get about 100 Ohms at room temperature, your sensor is good so your controller is bad. You need to contact Auber support for the replacement controller then.

jgieske

Thanks for that!  I have a multimeter and will do as you suggest and report.

jgieske

So now that I have shared my "problem", I have powered up the Silvia multiple times and the PID is functioning properly (of course).  Stay tuned!