Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Changed ISP now can not connect to app (AuberSmart)

Started by jcarufo, December 26, 2020, 04:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcarufo

Happy New Year! A question if I may. I have a WSD-1500H-W that I love, but when I changed ISPs recently and  went out to use the smoker, I noticed a slow blink of the wifi light and couldn't connect. In reviewing my documentation I realized I had to reconfigure the app and reset the PID. I reset the wifi on the PID by pressing the 'SET' and 'BACK/TIME' buttons for three seconds and immediately got the fast blinking blue light required. I then tried to reconnect to the app, but now keep getting a 'failed' error. When I go to the 'Add Device' page of the app it finds the appropriate named 2.4Ghz wifi band, but when I enter the password and press the 'Connect Device' button I continue to get the 'Failed' error message. I've simplified the password and removed everything except caps, small letters and a number, I've deleated both cache and data, stopped and uninstalled and reinstalled the app, have my phone, PID, and modem sitting next to each other with always the same 'failed' result. I know I am missing something simple somewhere, but am at a loss figuring out what it is. When I first got my PID, it connected immediately, but that was with the 'old' ISP. Is there something with Xfinity and their wifi that might be causing an issue? At least I had an 'old' PID to use to get my Prime rib done for Christmas dinner.        If someone can help me I'd really appreciate it.
Please stay safe,
Jean

Kkane

Here is the troubleshooting guide for WIFI setup:

https://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=42

After you tried to input your WIFI name and password in your app, if the WIFI indicator is changed from fast blinking to slow blinking on your controller, it means your controller did receive your WIFI information but it cannot connect to your router. You can try to move your controller closer to your router and try again. And also please make sure your wifi name & password are correct. Make sure there is no special characters in your WIFI name and password.

jcarufo

The only time I had a 'slow' blinking blue light was when I initially turned on the PID on the 'new' network before changing anything. That's when I realized I wasn't connected anymore. I then reviewed my documentation and realized I needed to set up the PID on the 'new' network.  I pressed the SET and TIMER buttons on the PID to reset the wifi and got the present fast blinking blue light. I have had that fast blinking blue light since.
Here's where I am now:
SSID: Home2point4
Password format: Xxxxxxx1
When opening app on initial AuberSmart page bar underneath goes from yellow/Searching to green/Connected.
After pressing + add device, Add Device page shows correct SSID name Home2point4  2.4Ghz and allows entry of password.
When green Connect Password button is pushed I get spinning Red Circle 'Processing' box then after approximately 1 minute a Device Failed error is returned.

I have also deleted and reinstalled the app, deleted both cache and data from the app, tried using my wife's phone both with the app installed and as a HotSpot and tried using a 'secondary' router with the same result.
This is really frustrating in that the PID connected immediately with my original Centurylink network.
FYI I am using a Xfinity XB7-CM modem now at 1GB capability.
Any suggestions on how to proceed from here? Is there any way to check the wifi on the WSD-1500H-W?
Thanks for your assistance.
Jean

jcarufo

Finally, Success!!!!!!! I tried my old CenturyLink modem as a 'secondary' off the Xfinity modem and the PID connected immediately. I think you can add the Xfinity XB7-CM modem to your incompatible list to save others from the days of insanity I've been through. I tried everything with that Xfinity modem and never got close to success.
Another question though please. Do I always need to be connected to the Centurylink 2.4 signal to use the app OR now that my PID is connected to the app I can use any wifi signal. I guess I don't understand the limitations of connecting from now on. Would someone be kind enough to explain that process to me please. Even if I have to always connect to the CenturyLink 2.4 signal in the future, I am one happy camper!
Thank you.
Have a Happy and Safe New Year!
Jean 

Sharron

Quote from: jcarufo on December 29, 2020, 01:55:08 PM
Finally, Success!!!!!!! I tried my old CenturyLink modem as a 'secondary' off the Xfinity modem and the PID connected immediately. I think you can add the Xfinity XB7-CM modem to your incompatible list to save others from the days of insanity I've been through. I tried everything with that Xfinity modem and never got close to success.
Another question though please. Do I always need to be connected to the Centurylink 2.4 signal to use the app OR now that my PID is connected to the app I can use any wifi signal. I guess I don't understand the limitations of connecting from now on. Would someone be kind enough to explain that process to me please. Even if I have to always connect to the CenturyLink 2.4 signal in the future, I am one happy camper!
Thank you.
Have a Happy and Safe New Year!
Jean

Glad to know you find a way to get around this issue. Thank you!

Regarding the Xfinity XB7-CM modem, if you have time to play it around, a few things you might want to try:
1) Turn off the 5GHz wifi signal temporarily during the pairing process. If your router has a setting for "5GHz SSID broadcasting", disable it.
2) If there is a "20/40 MHz Coexistence" option, please try enabling it.
3) If these is a "Fast Roaming" option, please try disabling it.
4) If there is a "Smart Connect" feature, try disable it.

So now the 1500H is paired with the CenturyLink modem and so it can connect to the cloud server. Your phone doesn't have to be connected to this modem. As long as your phone is connected to the internet, either through WiFi signal or through cellular data, you can access the 1500H's settings and data through our cloud server.

jcarufo

Hi Sharron,
Thanks so much for your response. Given some time, I will play with the settings on the Xfinity modem and report back my result. The fact that it is working so well now and how much we dislike our switch to Xfinity (seamingly really antiquated technology ie. coax that allows 1 GB+ downloads, but only 35mbps uploads and a terrible TV package), I think I just might stick with the 'slave' modem extension for awhile. It was amazing how quickly everything worked; ethernet cable from Xfinity modem to the 'old' CenturyLink modem, 2 minutes for the modem to boot up, find the Centurylink 2.4 signal on my phone, open the Auber app, enter the modem passcode, and instant pairing! If the total time took 5 minutes, I'd be surprized. It was so satisfying. Immediately after pressing the 'connect' button on the app, to see the blue light go from it's fast pairing blink to a slow blink for maybe 5 seconds then solid blue.  I've been literally working on this for days. I love this PID and to have it not work was crushing. Now, no anxiety about the outcome of our prime rib for New Years Eve.
Again, thanks so much for your assistance. We really like all of the products we have purchased from Auber over the years and your customer service is wonderful. We will be back and recommend you to others without hesitation.
Have a Safe and Happy New Year!
Jean Carufo