Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

EZBoil Upgrade - House Lights Flickering

Started by cctopcat, August 02, 2020, 09:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cctopcat

HI,
I've been running a panel with 3 SYL-2352 PIDs for about 6 years.  I recently upgraded the 2 element control PIDs to DSPR-300 EZboils.  When they are running at 100% power all is well but when turned down the pulsing makes the lights in the room flicker.  Separate circuit but same breaker panel.  Any ideas on possible causes or what I might check?  Thanks!

Kkane

May I know how old is your house and the electrical wiring?

Based on your description, it could be caused by inductive & capacitive interference in your wiring/system. If you have any inductive or capacitive loads running in your system under the same circuit, it may cause this issue. You can try to use a different power outlet/subpanel to power your heating element, to see whether it fixes this issue or not. You may need to consult with your electrician for help.

cctopcat

Thanks for the response.  It is in a 10 year old garage addition with a separate sub panel, fed with a 100 amp feeder from the main panel.  There is a clothes dryer and AC unit on the sub panel as well as several other circuits.  I believe the only other appliances running at the time were 2 refrigerators.  The control panel is fed from the sub panel by a dedicated 50 amp circuit to a spa panel.  I guess I'll have to put the PIDs back in and run another test.