Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Meat curing locker

Started by cyberdoggie, July 11, 2020, 06:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberdoggie

Looks like we need a sub group on this topic!  Sorry, I'm new to Auber and have a new HD220W controller. I'd like some advice as to the appropriate settings for this use case.

I have a wine fridge as the chamber. Using a always on humidifier for the humidifier side and an exhaust fan for the dehumidifier side. How do I make it only keep the humidity Level at 78. What should be the other settings for HY, HYd, HYH, program mode etc. Need some advice for how tight the bands should be and how do I leave it at one humidity setting only? Finally what about the power outage mode? Manual? Thanks!! It's working but I don't know how to set it up properly. Mark

rockstarmode

I also just set up my new curing chamber with a pair of TH220-W units.  I know you didn't get any answers on this thread, but I'm interested in learning from your experience.

Right now I have my units set to manage temp in a 5F zone (53-58F) and humidity in a 5% zone (73%-78%). My chamber is still normalizing after putting in all the new equipment, but I'll try to report back.

I took most of my inspiration from this page: https://tasteofartisan.com/meat-curing-chamber/

Kkane

Quote from: cyberdoggie on July 11, 2020, 06:42:49 PM
Looks like we need a sub group on this topic!  Sorry, I'm new to Auber and have a new HD220W controller. I'd like some advice as to the appropriate settings for this use case.

I have a wine fridge as the chamber. Using a always on humidifier for the humidifier side and an exhaust fan for the dehumidifier side. How do I make it only keep the humidity Level at 78. What should be the other settings for HY, HYd, HYH, program mode etc. Need some advice for how tight the bands should be and how do I leave it at one humidity setting only? Finally what about the power outage mode? Manual? Thanks!! It's working but I don't know how to set it up properly. Mark

HD220W is a multi-step controller. If you want to set one set point and let it run forever, you can change it to single step mode (PrG = OFF).

If you want to control at 78%, set H-1 = 78. By default settings, Hy = 1, Hyd = Hyh = 5, your humidifier will be ON at 78 - Hy - Hyh = 72, and OFF at 78 - Hy = 77. Your dehumidifer will be ON at 78 + Hy + Hyd = 84, and off at 78 + Hy = 79. You can adjust Hy, Hyd, HyH accordingly to your needs.

A-M power outage parameter is for multi-step mode only. If you use it under single step mode, this parameter is not in use.

Kkane

Quote from: rockstarmode on December 08, 2020, 04:35:44 PM
I also just set up my new curing chamber with a pair of TH220-W units.  I know you didn't get any answers on this thread, but I'm interested in learning from your experience.

Right now I have my units set to manage temp in a 5F zone (53-58F) and humidity in a 5% zone (73%-78%). My chamber is still normalizing after putting in all the new equipment, but I'll try to report back.

I took most of my inspiration from this page: https://tasteofartisan.com/meat-curing-chamber/

TH series controller (Temp + Humid) operates differently than HD series controller (dual humid). For TH controller, you need to set tsp (set temp) and hsp (set humidity), TdF (differential parameter for temp) and HdF (differential parameter for humidity).