Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Wiring Temperature Sensors on SYL 2372

Started by slowbrew, March 10, 2020, 08:28:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

slowbrew

I have a SYL 2372 that I use for both a fermentation controller, and a fan control for my Offset Smoker. I use a PT100 RTD installed on my fermenter for brewing and a K Type thermocouple set on my grates for fan/temperature control. I currently switch the wiring on the controller for the sensors and then switch the setting. My question is, is it possible to keep both sensors wired and only switch the setting? Will there be any resistance issues with the sensor? Or just install another PT100 in my smoker? Please advise.

Kkane

Unfortunately, your question is not clear to me.

The reason why you need to change the setting is because you will change the sensor & sensor cable. If you want to keep the sensor & sensor cable, you don't need to change the controller setting. I'm assuming that the controller setting here is the sensor type parameter Sn.

If you tried auto-tune on both controllers/setups, you need to write down P, I and D parameters for both setups, and change it accordingly for different application.

slowbrew

Yes, I am changing the sensor and cable depending on what I'm using it for. Brewing or Smoking. When using the I use the K type sensor, the SN setting is at 0. And when I switch to the RTD sensor, I  are change it to 21. My question is can I keep both sensors wired at the same time and just change the SN settings? Will it effect the performance/accuracy of the sensors? I have no way of telling. I hope that is clearer

Kkane

No, you cannot.

The sensor cable for thermocouple and RTD are different. Thermocouple wire is special made by two different metals. It has 2-wire. RTD wire is standard copper wire. It has 3-wire. RTD and thermocouple use different type connectors also.

When you change the sensor probe, you have to change the sensor cable. If not, it will introduce some reading error.

slowbrew

OK, Thank you for clarifying that. I'm going to buy another PT100 for my smoker, and be done with it.  :D