Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Auto tune function

Started by Missp1952, February 12, 2020, 02:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missp1952

I've done the install of the pid and new thermostat replacement... set my 0089 and 0001 parms then did auto tune... is taking forever and still running..I warmed the boiler before autotune...what's the timeframe to finish this auto tune function..thank.. Charlie

Kkane

During auto-tune process, your reading temperature needs to be over your set temperature, then drop below your set temperature, then over your set temperature, repeatedly for about 3-4 times. If your auto-tune is not completed, your temperature may not drop below your set temperature (due to good insulation?), or your heater is not powerful enough so it cannot reach your set temperature. So it will take longer time.

Typically for auto-tune process, it will take about half hour to complete (like for electric oven application). It may vary.

Note: if you ordered the Gaggia kit or other coffee kit from Auber, all the PID settings are professional tuned for your machine already, and you don't have to tune the PID again.

Missp1952

Thanks for the reply..yes it's a gaggia pid hooked in a gaggia classic..the issue is when I started the auto tune the boiler was at 106c..105 is my set temp ..then it cools to below and keeps dropping it never rises back up to the set temp...every time it triggers the heater it takes 4 or 5 triggers to raise 1 degree and by that time the temp has fallen further..basically it seems the pid signal doesn't heat the boiler quickly enough ..it never gets closeto getting back to set temp of 105c...I have to use the frothing switch to raise the temp back above 105c..Charlie

Kkane

During auto-tune, when your reading temperature is below 105C, the OUT light on the controller should be ON and your boiler should be ON, so your temperature should be increase. If not, you need to check if your boiler is actually powered when OUT light is ON.

Still, there is a chance your sensor mounting location is bad, so it has a signifcant delay compared to the PID reading temperature compared to your actual boil temperature.