Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Rancilio Silvia with PID not working properly

Started by cota348jb, December 25, 2019, 09:51:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cota348jb

I own a Rancilio Silvia v3 with a PID installed at Seattle Coffee about 2 years ago. Every once in a while when I press the button on the PID to pull a shot, it would make the click but the pump would not engage, touch the button again and everything worked as it is supposed to.
Yesterday it became almost permanent I need to click several times before it engaged the pump. The Silvia still makes hot water and steam with no issues. The problem as I understand it could be caused by a faulty solenoid, or a pump or the PID. What is your advice in how to proceed?
Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Jose Barrios

Kkane

When you press the timer button on the PID, do you see the any changes on the PID's display? If no change on the display, the keypad on the PID is bad and you can contact Auber customer support for replacement parts.

cota348jb

Quote from: Kkane on December 26, 2019, 12:28:37 PM
When you press the timer button on the PID, do you see the any changes on the PID's display? If no change on the display, the keypad on the PID is bad and you can contact Auber customer support for replacement parts.
When I press the timer the PID display shows the timer working as always, but I can hear that the pump does not engage.