Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

DSPR320 alarm outputs AL & AL2

Started by clintonb, September 29, 2019, 04:47:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clintonb

Hi,

I recently purchased a DSPR320 unit. Since I live in Australia our standard voltage is 240V AC. My question is for AL1 & AL2 I was hoping to run 240V relays to control a pump and a stirring paddle, is this possible or can I only run 120VAC relays from those outputs?

Thanks

Clinton 

Kkane

Sure.

The alarm relay output is dry switch. It doesn't provide any power output by itself. If you supply the relay output by 220V, the output will be 220V AC.

clintonb

Quote from: Kkane on September 30, 2019, 05:01:40 PM
Sure.

The alarm relay output is dry switch. It doesn't provide any power output by itself. If you supply the relay output by 220V, the output will be 220V AC.

Hi Kane,

Thank you for the reply. I am all good with the output side of the relay. What I was trying to ask although I may have not been clear is what is the output of AL1 and AL2 so I can select a relay to suit the pickup for the coil (what are my limitations for the pick of the coil). I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Clinton

Kkane

AL1 & AL2 are dry relay outputs. They are rated as 3A/240V resistive load. If you supply 240V to AL1/AL2, they can output up to 3A output (resistive load). If you supply 120V to AL1/AL2, it also works. But the output voltage will be 120V in that case.

When AL1 is triggered, the resistance between terminal 1 & 2 is zero (shorted). When AL1 is released, the resistance between terminal 1 & 2 is infinite (open).

When AL2 is triggered, the resistance between terminal 13 & 14 is zero (shorted). When AL2 is released, the resistance between terminal 13 & 14 is infinite (open).

clintonb

Quote from: Kkane on October 02, 2019, 09:57:29 AM
AL1 & AL2 are dry relay outputs. They are rated as 3A/240V resistive load. If you supply 240V to AL1/AL2, they can output up to 3A output (resistive load). If you supply 120V to AL1/AL2, it also works. But the output voltage will be 120V in that case.

When AL1 is triggered, the resistance between terminal 1 & 2 is zero (shorted). When AL1 is released, the resistance between terminal 1 & 2 is infinite (open).

When AL2 is triggered, the resistance between terminal 13 & 14 is zero (shorted). When AL2 is released, the resistance between terminal 13 & 14 is infinite (open).

Thank you very much for your response  :)