Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

SYL-2802B Question

Started by Keith Rivera, August 03, 2019, 02:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Rivera

Quick question.  How do you turn off the AL1 or AL2 feature?  Or AH1/2 for that matter.

The owners manual does not indicate how to turn off these high or low triggers.  Adjusting the temperature points all the way up, or all the way down, does do not offer an "off" option.  It just stops at the high or low limits.  The manual indicates these can be turned off.

I am running into a problem.  I intended to use this device to be a temperature controller to keep a narrow window of liquid temperature range for two separate sources by triggering a water cooling solenoid to turn on/off.  I have both relays set with logic mode closed (RL-C).  It does a great job turning the valve on when PV>AH1, but never shuts off when the temperature hits  AL1; noting AL1<AH1.  I am running into the same problem with AH2 and AL2.  I assume I need to turn off the low alarm (AL1/2) and use the HY1/2 range to shut off the solenoids?  Is that correct?

I am running both relays in (N) non-latching mode (not pulse or latch).  Currently I have to use the function keys to turn off/reset the alarms.  This defeats the intended purpose, as it allows for over cooling. 

Any help or configuration recommendations is appreciated.

Thank you.

Kkane

Please let me know the values for your alarm settings: AH1/2, AL1/2, HY1/2

For high temperature alarm, it will be ON when temp is over AH1, and it will be off when temp is below AH1 - HY1.

Similarly, for low temp alarm, it will be ON when temp is below AL1, and it will be off when temp is over AL1 + HY1.

So if your AH1 - HY1 is equal or below AL1, once triggered, your alarm 1 will be ON all the time. Because either AH1 or AL1 is triggered all the time.

Keith Rivera

Is there a way to disable the Low Alarm feature? I think when the high alarm goes off, the cooling water quickly drops below AL settings and turns the low alarm on.

Currently (all in degrees C)

AH1 50c
AH2 35c

AL1 48c
AL2 33c

HY1/2 currently at 1, but that's because I was playing with the system.  Seems like I need AH1 @ 50 and HY1@2.0 and to disable the low alarm function.

Kkane

You can set AL1/2 to a very low temperature, so it will not be triggered, like 0C.