Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Wifi pid with circulation fan question

Started by Toker, June 03, 2019, 12:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toker

Hi, I just ordered the new circulation fan for my Bradley Smoker to go with my WiFi pid. Once installed, do you suggest to run auto-tune or does the fan change nothing? Thanks

Kkane

Not necessary.

Circulation fan will help to reduce the temperature variation inside of your smoker. It doesn't affect the control from the PID controller.

The default PID settings should be good for Bradley smoker. You can try the default setting and see how it works. If not good enough, you can try auto-tune then.

Toker

Btw, I'll be using it with an original 6 rack like on your picture with 2x500 watts elements.

Kkane

For 2 x 500W element, you need to double the default P value. I and D parameters remain unchanged.

Toker

Thanks! So the P value become 14 even with the fan I understood big thanks again. Can't wait receiving my fan and installing and finally trying it out! Thanks for making things better to improve our Bradley Smoker experience!

P.s. can't wait to trying your new miniature probes at the same time. It will be easier to fit between the racks 👍