Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

KIT-STL2 and SLY-2363A2 J2 relay question

Started by Keith Rivera, May 15, 2019, 01:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Rivera

I have a quick question with the SLY-2363A2 settings.  I am running the STL2 controller and noticed that the J2 Alarm relay was not being utilized.  The J1 Alarm is great for alerting about fore/feint collection, but I wanted to set the unused J2 Alarm relay to alert about upcoming tails collection. 

As a reality check, can I jump J1 (terminal 4) with J2 (terminal 14) and then connect terminal 13 to the SW20 Alarm switch?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kkane

J2 relay has a small capacitor on its output. It will have some leakage current, which will trigger the buzzer even the relay is at released position.

If you want to use J2 relay to drive your buzzer, you need to remove that capacitor at first. Please contact Auber customer support to obtain that document.

Your wiring is wrong. You can simply jump terminal 4 & 13 together, jump terminal 14 & 5 together.

Keith Rivera

Thanks for the reply.  Fortunately I haven't wired anything.  I was going off of Figure 10  (p4) of the SLY's instructional manual.  That shows L1 tying to T1, T4, and T14 with L2 (240v buzzers) at T2, T13 and T5 respectively.

I can now see how that differs from the STL2 wiring instructions - my apologies.  I will contact CS about the document.  I may not do this if it is complicated; or does your wiring recommendation solve the issue?

Again, Thank you.

Kkane

If you want to use J1 and J2 alarms at same time, you can refer to my wiring. It does not fix the capacitor issue as I mentioned.

Keith Rivera

Thank you.  I contacted Auber and got the instructions on how to remove the capacitor.  However, I do not believe the SLY PID can serve the purpose I was wishing for. I wanted it to trigger a buzzer on and off using the two separate relays at two separate temperature ranges. One warning to collect fores and one range to collect tails.

I was hoping to use the J1 relay to stay open until 76C then close at 77C, then have the normally open J2 close at 79.5C and return to open at 80C.  Any advice on your end?

I was told I could run the relays in series and have only one on/off buzzer trigger, but that serves no purpose when I can just manually turn the buzzer off.  I really wanted it to turn the buzzer on/off for two different temp ranges.

I think I will re-visit your wiring recommendation and see if that might get me where I need to be.

Kkane

SYL-2362 has three output ports in total. One SSR and two alarm relay outputs. All three have separate set points. If you assign SSR as its main output, you can can use two alarm outputs at same time. AH1 & AL1 is for J1 relay setting. AH2 & AL2 is for J2 relay setting.

If you like, you can connect J1 to buzzer #1, and connect J2 to buzzer #2. So J1 & J2 will function separately. Or you can connect J1 & J2 to the same buzzer. Both works.

Keith Rivera

Thank you.  I will remove the capacitor this weekend and then try and run J1 and J2 to the same buzzer using different AH and AL set points for each relay.  Your wiring instructions make sense,