Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

SYL-2813AC Relay output voltage question

Started by Keith Rivera, March 27, 2019, 12:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Rivera

I was looking to build a temperature controller that could monitor and maintain a specific water jacket temp at two locations.  The SYL-2813AC controller seems to be a great option for two RTD's.  The two relays will control two separate water valve solenoids. While creating a parts list, I ran into some confusion.  The spec sheets indicate both relay control outputs are 240VAC; however, the owners manual shows each relay having one switched outlet (T11 & T12 respectively)  and one common contact at T10.  I am assuming that would indicate a 120V output.  Anyone have any experience on this controller?  I need to know what voltage solenoid to order.

Specifically, relay triggers at J1 and J2 share a common pole at T10.  Is T10 a normally hot pole, or a common/neutral?  Any help is appreciated.

I am hoping the controller relay can trigger the solenoid without needing a contactor.  If I am misunderstanding how the output relay works, let me know.

Thanks.

Kkane

The relay output of SYL-2813AC is dry relay output. It doesn't provide power by itself. You need to jump a power from controller's power input to that relay output. For details, please see wiring examples of in its manual, like figure 8 or 9. If you power the relay output by 240V, this relay can handle up to 3A load.

T10 is common terminal. It doesn't have any power by itself.

This relay output is rated as 3A (resistive load). If you are driving a small load (less than 3A), you can use this controller to drive directly. Otherwise an external relay is needed.

BTW, if you want to read two RTD sensors, you can also check SYL-2802B. It has two separate relay outputs as SYL-2813AC.

Keith Rivera

Thank you for your prompt reply.  It appears I need to do more homework on how these internal relays work and the fundamentals of how they are wired.  I am fairly new to these devices and have a lot to learn.

Time to keep reading......

Keith Rivera

Kkane,

I was eyeing the SYL-2802B controller, too.  I read the manual on it and that is probably a better fit for my needs, as well as more affordable. I will probably go with that.  I feel confident I can wire that one up after researching. 

As always, we appreciate your advice!

Keith