Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Audible Alarm on Temp Setpoint in Mobile App (AuberSmart)

Started by elaps1, December 28, 2018, 10:20:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elaps1

I was using your Auber app on the android phone and I noticed that there is no audible alarm for any temp Hi/Lo setpoints, just a visible blinking red box.  Is that correct?  The whole point of the phone app is to be able to monitor the temps while not having to sit right next to the smoker (which does make a sound when triggered).  The app is great except for this one feature that many people would want, an audible alert.  Are you going to develop this anytime soon for your app?

Kkane

No, that is wrong. Aubersmart App does have in-app audible alarm. When you see visible blinking red box on the bottom, you should hear alarm sounds at same time. Please make sure your phone is not under silent mode nor vibration mode.

elaps1

Phone is not in silent or vibrate mode.  Phone is a Galaxy S7 with latest update. 

elaps1

I tested on 3 different Android systems and there is no sound notification, checked all sound settings and notification settings and everything is set correctly to be alerted.  Borrowed an IOS Device from a neighbor it alerted with sound so it seems android version may have a problem.

Kkane

I just tested on SYL-2615 with Aubersmart (Android). The Aubersmart app does has audible alarm. Please find the video below. The phone in the video is Samsung S8. OS version 8.0. Aubersmart version 2.0.29 (downloaded from Google Play)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=13hnskmVGy_AWYyPqvfT7SqyyaMvHgiIY

What WIFI controller are you using?

elaps1

Thanks for the video and help. I'm using your WSD-1500H-W controller with a:

Samsung S7

Phone Last Update on 12/22/18
Android Version 8.0.0
OS Build Number G930VVRS8CRK2

Using Aubersmart version 2.0.29 from (Google Play) even just reinstalled it.

I tried on both an S7 and S7 Edge along with a Galaxy Tab E android tablet all of them did not ring
the alarm just blinked red on the phone with no audible alarm.

Kkane

Thanks for your detailed reply. I will forward this issue to Auber Developer Team.

elaps1

Did you get any feedback from your developer team yet?

Thanks

Kkane

elaps1

Thanks for the update and your help.  The alarm now rings on the S7 when the app is visible and on the screen, not running in the background.  2 quick questions:  Can the alarm sound be change?  Is it correct the alarm only sounds when the app is visible on the screen and not when it is running in the background or when the phone has a black screen i.e. locked?

Thanks,

Evan

Kkane

1. No, alarm sound cannot be changed.

2. It is correct. Current App & controller don't support push notification, and App must be running in the front so the alarm will work.

elaps1

jzacks

Reviewing this thread, I just wanted to add that it would be very helpful to add push notifications. Most of the time, it's not possible to leave the phone awoken and in the foreground during cooking. This makes the alarms much less useful.