Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Delayed Start for DSPR310C

Started by smik, September 14, 2017, 12:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smik

Hello all,

I have a DSPR310C that I have setup to control an eBIAB kettle.

I want to know if there is a setting that would enable me to delay start my brewday.

I would like to setup the controller the night before, and wakeup to ~160 degree strike water approximately 8 hours later.  

There may not be any direct functionality to do this (if there is great!) - if not, is there a way to do this in another manner through the boil OR mash mode?

Thanks in advance!
Stephen

Kkane

Thanks for posting your question here. Unfortunately, DSPR310C doesn't have real-time clock inside. For your requirement, here are my suggestions:

1. Wire this controller to a programmable kitchen timer, so you can set the time to turn on this controller.

2. For example in mashing mode, you can use first step as delay-on step, to create this delay. For example, you can set first step as 90F with 5 hours, and you can turn on the controller last night at specific time (you need to calculate the time to turn on the controller though). Once it finishes this delay-on step, it will go to next step to heat up.

smik

Thanks Kkane,

What if:

1. My strike water is at room temp (70) and I set the first step at something lower (let's say 60) for 7 hrs
2. At the beginning of hour 8 - I set it to 160 and hold for an hour.

By the time I get up - the strike water should be where I need it.

The question is - for number 1, since the set temp is lower than the water temp - will the counter start counting down the 7 hours right away?

I technically don't want the system working throughout the night by keeping the water at a temp higher than room temp (waste of electricity) - I only need it to start working just before brew time.

Thanks,
Stephen

Kkane

For this question, I need to explain one important parameter TSP (note 3 in page 5 of its manual). By default, TSP is set to 1 degree. The timer will not start to count until the reading temperature is one degree below your set temperature of current step. So for your delay-on step, if your reading temperature is already higher than your set temperature, the timer will be activated automatically.

smik

Perfect - thanks KKane!

Problem solved!  

:D  :D  :D

I wasn't sure if the water needed to get to 69 in order for the timer to start (I read the manual and I see that TSP is a configurable setting - but I didn't want to have to play with this as I will want it set at 1 for when I actually do mash).

Cheers!