Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

weatherproof?

Started by IHFarmer07, September 04, 2017, 12:48:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHFarmer07

I've got 2 of these gauges and love them.....but just how weather proof are they, rain, sun, you know?

IHFarmer07

I forgot to mention which model I was wanting to know if it is weatherproof, syl-1813-mr is what I'm looking at?

Kkane

Unfortunately, syl-1813-mr is not weatherproof. Its front panel is splashproof. To make the whole gauge waterproof, you need to seal its back terminals, or you can install this gauge in a sealed box/enclosure.

Coco

Do you have waterproof?

Kkane

Quote from: "Coco"Do you have waterproof?

Unfortunately, Auber doesn't have waterproof gauges. Here are the challenges: To make waterproof, there must be no holes or gaps for the controller housing (currently the hollow structure housing of Auber's gauges can help to dissipate the heat generated from the inside circuit board). If you just seal the controller housing, it will increase the inside temperature, which may introduce error for temperature readout. Also, all the cable connection must be using waterproof connector & cables, which will be increased the cost significantly.

So the easiest approach is: You need to seal gauge's back terminals, and install this gauge in a sealed box/enclosure.