Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Auber SYL-1813 with innovate LC-2?

Started by Robbys89, June 26, 2017, 01:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbys89

Hi all, apologies if this has been covered before but is it possible to have the SYL-1813 gauge work with an innovate LC-2 controller for A/F readings?

I see the older LC-1 is useable but the LC-2 has fewer wires and an attempt to install using the LC-1 instructions just results in a 0v signal to the unit.

I also tried to jump auber pin #6 to ground with results in a 5v constant signal, all parameters etc where entered correctly

Kkane

Yes, LC-2 controller also works with SYL-1813. You can refer to this manual:

http://www.auberins.com/images/Manual/Q ... sensor.pdf

It is for LC-1 controller, but it also works for LC-2. The settings and wirings are the same.

Robbys89

Ah perfect! Thank you very much Kkane!

The only instructions I was finding for the LC-1 only and pin #10 wasn't been used

Kkane

You need to use PIN 6 (ground), PIN 9 (signal) on SYL-1813.

Robbys89

I'll give it a try, however the LC-2 is ranged from 9-16V dc so I wonder if the 5v output of pin #10 is enough?

My first attempt was using pin 6 ground, and pin 9 signal and giving the LC-2 a separate 12v source which failed to power up the unit

I'll let you know how it works,
Thanks for your input Kkane

Kkane

Sorry for my mistake. Your attempt is correct. Terminal 10 only provides 5V DC power supply. Your LC-2 requires a 12V DC power, so terminal 10 is not enough. But you can jump a wire from this gauge's power input (like terminal 1), so you will get 12V DC power supply.

vlad dalv

Hi! First of all sorry for my bad English... I have problem with the same configuration - Auber SYL-1813 - LC-2. If I connect the black wire (ground) of the sensor to position 6 on the gauge the sensor  is not working. Red is in 1 yellow to 9.  I've done everything else. Config the gauge to 5V and set PuL=7.37 and PuH=22.35. I've tried to connect the black (ground) to position 2 and sensor started 
but with incorrect indication. Please help me how to connect.

Kkane

Here is the correct wiring: Power wire is on terminal 1, ground wire is on terminal 6 and signal wire is on terminal 9. You need to connect ground wire from your LC-2 to terminal 6, otherwise this gauge cannot read LC-2.

I don't know whether you have 12V version SYL-1813 or 24V version SYL-1813, but LC-2 requires 9-15V DC power supply.

Please make sure the inty in your gauge is set to 5V ("Su").

What display you get on the gauge? 7.37 or so?

If you use a multimeter to check the DC voltage across your LC-2 signal wire and ground wire (you need to disconnect signal wire and ground wire from the gauge at first), what voltage do you get?

vlad dalv

It is 12V and I did exactly the same wiring - Red to PIN 1; Black to PIN 6; Yellow to PIN 9 and nothing. It seems PIN 6 has no ground and sensor wont start. The Green light is not flashing. I also changed the gauge ot 5V  the manual is very well written and I have no problem with EGT and AIT gauges they use the same power supply and it is 12V I did the measurement.  Yes, the display shows 7.37 constantly that is to say I have 0V from  the analog signal.

vlad dalv

The solution to the problem. Should be put jumper wire between pin 6 and pin 2. Calibration of the sensor is mandatory. Š•everything is working normally.