Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Routers that are not compatible (SYL-2615)

Started by Sharron, May 15, 2017, 05:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sharron

There are so many different brands and models of WiFi routers out there. We can't test if they work with our smart devices one by one. We will list all routers that are confirmed non-compatible routers here. If you cannot configure our wifi device to your router, please reply to this thread. We will update the list.

---Routers that are not compatible ----
EERO WiFi System (v2.3.0-91)
Cisco Meraki MR52

snowman_fs

What would be the reason for incompatible routers? I can adjust plenty of settings on my router(s). Security, port forwarding, channel, bandwidth, frequency etc.

The reason I ask is I cannot get my new SYL-2615 to connect to WiFI. The blue light starts with fast blinks, then gives one hope of a long blink and then goes to slow blinking and my app tells me "device setup failed".

I have tried two different netgear routers (Only 2.4 Ghz) and a shared data hotspot from a Nexus 6P with no luck. I'm beginning to think it is a port forward issue.

snowman_fs

Well, the fourth device was the key... I guess.

I shared a mobile hotspot from my Laptop and I was able to get connected. Not ideal, I would rather it just worked with my home's new speedy Netgear wifi router. The ability to monitor the BBQ while I'm at work is no longer possible as I need my laptop at the office with me.

Sharron

Thanks for posting your question here. What are model number of these two Netgear routers? Have you tried to reset of one of these routers to its factory setting?

One thing you can try is to configure SYL-2615 to a secondary wifi-router that is already connected to the primary router. Let's say your home router A is the primary router through which you are connected to the internet. You can find a spare router B, connect it to router A via network cable or via WiFi. So any device connected to router B should be on internet as well. Then, if you can configure the SYL-2615 to router B, you should be able to access SYL-2615 anywhere with internet.

Hope that works for you.

jzacks

I'd suggest adding this router to the list: ARRIS TR4400 ( modem/router used by Charter/Spectrum). I was unable to configure using it but was able to use a secondary router to connect.

SmokinFood

Hi I just bought a TPLINK AX3000 router as my old Netgear router which my syl-2615 connected to, died but I can't connect to the TPLINK AX3000 router.  I didn't find the list of non-compatible routers.  I think this should be added.
Any suggestions on changes to the 2615 unit to help it connect as I followed the instructions to the letter.