Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Battery Power for WiFi Controller

Started by malc001, April 17, 2017, 09:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malc001

Depending on exchange rate fluctuations (I'm in Australia) and my company bonus hitting expectations I'm looking at buying your wifi controller from my WSM (Model: SYL-2615SYS-W)

I'm curious as to whether it's possible to run this off a PowerPack such as one used to charge a mobile phone or tablet - where I prefer to smoke is away from the house and mains power, running a cord out there means I have to leave a door or window open which isn't ideal if running overnight or heading out during the day.

Thanks

Kkane

Sure. You can use Auber's batterypack (AUB-BAT) with SYL-2615 controller. Please note the run time information under its product page is based on SYL-1615 controller, which consumes slightly less power than SYL-2615. For SYL-2615, this battery can still last 1-2 days (average use).

malc001

It is possible to run the SYL-2615 off a battery I already have for charging my phone? I guess I would need an adapter to do from USB to the SYL-2615 power input...? I'm not electrically minded so I have no idea if that's possible.
thanks

Kkane

Well. It depends.

SYL-1615 or SYL-2615 requires 12V DC power supply. USB port only provides 5V DC power supply. But if your battery comes with additional 12V DC port, you can use that to power the controller.

Kkane

Well. It depends.

SYL-1615 or SYL-2615 requires 12V DC power supply. USB port only provides 5V DC power supply. But if your battery comes with additional 12V DC power supply, you can use that to power the controller.