Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Weber smokey mountain 14.5"?

Started by Nicnut45, November 08, 2016, 10:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicnut45

Will the Auberin temp controller for the WSM fit the 14.5" model? Your Site mentions it will fit the 18" and 22" model but makes no mention of the 14.5" model. Also, if it does fit the 14.5" model should I just stick with the 6.5 cfm fan? I would like to maybe do hotter temps one day. And, what is the purpose of the optional silicon gasket? Do I need it? Will it help it perform better? Thank you!
Nick

Kkane

Most of the 14.5" Weber Smokey Mountain buyer uses a 5 CFM blower and an ON/OFF mode controller; the SYL-1615 controller is also an ON/OFF mode controller, but the smallest blower that we sold on is 6.5 CFM. The 6.5 CFM blower could be a little bit large for your smoker.

However, you can consider using our 6.5 CFM blower and the heatermeter. Heatermeter uses speed control mode to drive the blower (it is also capable to do wireless control via smartphone); so if you choose our 6.5 CFM blower, it will be able to do both low-temp and high-temp smoking on your smoker.

malc001

I see the SYL-2615SYS-W can adjust the fan speed which is  a change from the SYL-1615SYS-W. Does this mean it's more suitable for the smaller WSMs now?

Kkane

Correct.