Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

PID for VBM Domobar

Started by Jofe, June 16, 2016, 02:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jofe

Hi, I'm looking for a PID controller, I can use with my VBM Domobar espresso machine. Which controller can I use to also control the steam temperature? There's a kit for Rancilio Silvia w/ steam control, that looks like your SYL-1512A2, can I use this with two temperatures?
There's a immersion pipe with an inner diameter if 7mm and a length of 150mm. I would take the TC-K-TWL Sensor with thermal compound inside this pipe, do you think it works?
Thx for your help.

Joachim

Sharron

Thanks for posting your question here. There are different models of VBM Domobar machine. Which model and year is your machine?

Generally speaking, this type of espresso machine has large boilers, relative easy to control the brew temperature. So a regular PID controller SYL-1512A should work. But this controller can only read one temperature sensor at a time. Regarding temperature sensor, we recommend you use PT100 RTD sensor, not thermocouple.

Since there is an immersion pipe with 7 mm diameter, you can use this probe PT100S. Apply some thermal grease to ensure good thermal conduction between the thermowell and the probe.

We have an unofficial guide for installing a PID controller on a VBM Bomobar machine. You can contact our customer service to request the guide.