Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Adapter for Weber Summit Charcoal

Started by kingdarb, May 21, 2016, 09:05:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kingdarb

Hi There.  I was wondering what I would need to get to adapt the controller to a Weber Summit Charcoal cooker?  I have a Kamado Joe Classic as well as the previously mentioned Weber.  If I get the kit for the Large BGE (which looks like it will fit the KJ), will it also fit the Weber Summit Charcoal?  It looks like it should be able to snap into place.  Should I get the gasket?  Is a 6.5cfm fan enough (I would only be using this for cooking at 225C).  Thanks in advance!

Sharron

Thanks for posting your question here.

The Weber Summit Charcoal Grill is new, but looks like that it doesn't have a lower damper or vent for you to mount the blower. Could you show us a picture of where do you want to mount the fan? For other Weber Grills such as Weber Smokey Mountain, you can mount the blower to its lower vent, using a silicone gasket or aluminum tape to seal the gap.

This Weber Summit Grill has a air insulation layer, I guess a 6.5 CFM blower will be enough to maintain 225 degree F. Or do you really mean 225 C?

Porterdriver

I, too, have a Weber Summit Charcoal Grill (Center) and am interested in a controller for that unit.  There is a small round port that Weber put in at the bottom of the kettle but there is nothing like the larger rectangular opening on the BGE.  Do anyone know if Auber has any plans on making a unit (or adapter) for these cookers?

Sharron

Do you have the diameter of the round port? Auber has a Ball Valve Adapter for 6.5 CFM blower with 3/4'' NPT thread on it. Just wondering if that would fit through the round port on Weber Summit Charcoal Grill. We can consider make an adapter based on this product.

Auber's blower has a mounting spring, which can hold the blower no matter what shape of the hole is. Then you can just apply some aluminum tape to seal the gaps. But because of the shape of the blower and the port do not match, some of the air flow will be blocked.

Zanber

Quote from: "Sharron"Do you have the diameter of the round port? Auber has a review of Capsiplex a Ball Valve Adapter for 6.5 CFM blower with 3/4'' NPT thread on it. Just wondering if that would fit through the round port on Weber Summit Charcoal Grill. We can consider make an adapter based on this product.

It's ok to block some of the airflow though right?

Kkane

Quote from: "Zanber"It's ok to block some of the airflow though right?

Correct.