Updates:

Click here to visit our store! https://www.auberins.com

Operation Manual for Auber PID controller

Started by coffeesnob2012, February 20, 2016, 11:43:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coffeesnob2012

Hi!
I just bought my DIY kit for PID control of my Gaggia Classic w/ Steam Control. I read through the install manual, should be a breeze when I finally get around to it. I would really like to have some instruction on how to operate the actual control module itself. At least some statement that will tell me that it's self-explanatory once I power it up, if that is case.  :geek:  :roll:  :?:

coffeesnob2012

I finally found the manual for the SYL-1512(A2) which I think is the controller I have for use with the RTD. If it's wrong I'm sure I'll be back here.

coffeesnob2012

I'm up and running with my new PID controller for my Gaggia Classic. Pretty cool in the blue LED too. It all seems to work pretty well. I figured out how to set the preset for the brew temp, and I understand that that reading is not exactly what the temp coming out at the group head is but I can tweek that as needed. What I need to know is how is this PID controlling my steam temp? I seem to have only one preset on the controller, however, and I think this may be the answer... I only control the brew temp, and when it is switched to steam it overrides it to go max temp (factory default) to make steam. This is a guess though. I thought maybe there would be two controllable presets in the PID unit one when steam switch is off, for brewing, and a different one for when steam is switched on. I'll play around with it for a while, but appreciate some input from anyone out there.
Thanks Y'all

Sharron

Thanks for posting your question here. For the manual, you can email us to get a copy. If you ordered the kit from our website, you should be able to download it as well.

For the steam control temperature, you suppose to set the high alarm temperature AH1 = 284 and AL1 = 283 if you using Fahrenheit. The access code is 0001 for alarm settings.

Let us know how it goes.